Not working for me. I did the PHP check, and I am running php 5.2. Any suggestions?
Same here, also with 5.2. Something else is going on besides the PHP4 issue. Thanks for any help!
Did you check using the constant or just from your control panel?
What is the error you are getting?
Checked the constant. Also know since I upgraded it myself.
The error just says: Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.
Is there a way to make it display more of an error? Display any actual conflict?
I think I might be able to offer a suggestion. I had the same error message and took a look at my error log.
PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wp_pagenavi()
It seems that the template I was using, was using a function named wp_pagenavi() or more likely it just used an old version of wp_pagenavi() directly in the code base for the theme.
Try changing your theme to the twentyten theme and then try to activate. If you had a similar problem with your current theme, it should activate without any issue.
Of course this will render your theme useless unless you fix your theme, but it is probably a bad theme anyway. The template should have been written to us the theme as a plugin and not code directly into the template which would not allow you to update the plugin.
Hope that helps
I didn’t notice until after I posted, but my theme was so bad, I was unable to use the WordPress admin after successfully activating the plugin.
Be sure to note what your current theme was (my case it was a free them called mysticgrudge) as you may need to delete the theme folder.
Instead of deleting the theme folder, it is enough to rename it.
I have also been getting this message, with the ‘Dandelion’ theme from themeforest. the plugin comes with the purchased theme, though I still get the error message every time I try to activate it:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or ‘}’ in /home/content/t/a/u/taurusmoon/html/joyfulholistics/wp-content/plugins/wp-pagenavi/scb/load.php on line 12
More ideas? Thank you!
I had the same error, but this procedure fixed it:
1) Deactivate the current theme and replace it with twentyten
2) Activate wp-pagenavi (Should work)
3) Once it’s activated, reactivate the theme you want to use. It should be possible. When you try to view the site in the frontend, it’s when you get stuck, BUT it gives you the exact error and the file + line of the error. (in my case it was in the theme directory /library/functions/custom_functions.php and the line) because some themes have the plugin hard coded in them, so it can’t be redeclared.
4) Open your theme, remove the code that is causing issues. Reupload and Voila!
- The topic ‘[Plugin: WP-PageNavi] Getting error message’ is closed to new replies.