Support » Plugin: WP Online Store » [Plugin: WP Online Store] Permalink Struggles

  • Greetings; I am having issues with permalinks. The plugin doesn’t really “talk” with WordPress so the usual user friendly SEO/URL’s aren’t fabricating, i.e. the permalinks are just product ID#’s (which search engines really don’t care about). Anyone have any similar problems with this and have you been able to find a resolution? Thanks, Kevin

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Kevmel,

    Did you find a solution to this issue yet? I am still working on this myself.

    Please advise.


    As far as mod rewrite, I was not able to use this. I am running a ecommerce site plugin and when I use the /%categories%/%postname%/ permalink, I get an error. It is not within wordpress but within the plugin program. I am currenly working with the developers to figure out why this is happening.

    So versus learning apache to get SEO Friendly URLs, I just used what I had.

    At this time, I can do without the url modificaitons. Maybe at a later date, I will spend the time, learn apache, and redirect all urls to their SEO friendly version.

    If you are struggling with needing to rewrite the urls here are some additional resources.

    I hope that helps steer you in the right direction.

    If anyone has an apache tool to share with me that would be helpful for my future projects…


    Thanks for your help. But I was able to figure it out for myself (a modified version)

    Just in case anyone else is wondering how to get the post id numbers /category numbers from wordpress.

    I went into my phpMyAdmin and looked for the following: (Note – the list below may be different depending on what you are looking for, but all entries will have a number assigned. Just choose the one that works best for you. And be very careful in phpMyAdmin panel you could do damage if you start deleting and editing things and have no idea of what you are doing.)

    1. category_description
    2. product_description

    I then exported the tables, copied into excel, tab delimited the file
    and created a table. I used the vlook up commands within excel to help manipulate further.

    To make a long story short, I manipulated the spreadsheet to create the desired urls that matched my post names.

    Now I have urls for every entry for my website.

    There may have been an easier way but after 24 hours of trying to figure this out. This was what I came up with!

    Where there is a will…there is a way… Never give up!

    Plugin Author garf90


    we are looking for a better solution.

    Glad you found a way around your issue

    Garfield WP Online Store.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘[Plugin: WP Online Store] Permalink Struggles’ is closed to new replies.