The description of WP Hide Post mentions that hidden posts still appear in your XML Sitemap. This isn’t good for me; I don’t want the address of my hidden posts appearing anywhere. I also want to discourage visitors from bookmarking them.
Ideally, I’d like other plugins to recognise hidden posts and treat them as follows:
– Site Map plugins should not list the page in the XML or human readable sitemap.
– SEO/Robots Meta plugins should mark hidden pages “noindex” by default so they don’t get indexed
– Social Network integration plugins should not automatically publish hidden page references to social networks
– Social Network bookmarking plugins should not generate bookmarking features for hidden pages
– Facebook Like plugins should not add a Like button to hidden pages.
– Automatic cross-linking plugins like SEO Smart Links should not generate links to them.
Anyone else interested in hiding hidden posts more effectively?