[Plugin: WP Easy Post Types] Notes to Developer
First of all – let me compliment the developer of this plugin… This is the best plugin yet and I have tried every single one of them.
I totally realize that you just released this but I figured you should be aware of just a few critical improvements you have to integrate to make this the absolute best plugin out there for the long term. Many people are coming up with plugins but none seems to have the potential I see in this one. The elements I am referring to are listed below. I would be willing to collaborate with you on this directly if so desired and possibly also contribute some funds towards your development efforts to get these things integrated… (let me know if your interested in either).
1) When managing “fields” it is critical that users are able to:
– a) Add Field Groups and being able to assign fields to groups.
– b) Change the name of the group
– c) Force the position where the group is included (including left/right)
– You might want to look at other plugins such as simple fields or others that have done a better job.
2) When creating a new field I feel its VERY important that there are more field type options to select from. I do realize this takes time so here is my suggestion…. Make is VERY VERY simple for users to create their own field type templates. This has always been one of the biggest missing elements in all other plugins and by making it super simple for people to share such field type templates this will become an excellent plugin. For example… I am dealing with trying to put together an event calendar and want the admin post edit screen to show a dhtml calendar to select a date, a time picker and a file upload option. I envision each of these types of fields to be templates so I can include what I need or even customize them to match my needs.
3) Each Field GROUP AND each Field should have the additional option of defining a custom css class or at least have one auto assigned. The key element here is further customization by users through simple css without messing up everything else.
4) I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE how you took the initiative of creating the “admin columns”. This is the BEST implementation I have seen to date!!!! There are however 3 key elements which needs to be added here to make this really usable. They are:
– a) The ability to change the name of these default titles and custom fields/taxonomy titles without effecting anything else.
– b) The ability for us to optionally define either a minimum column width or % for each column title so admins can ensure everything looks clean based on their custom environment.
– c) The ability to define column to sort the admin post list by and if its ascending or descending.
– TWO OPTIONAL features for the future would be the much needed ability to click a column name to resort the results up/down and the ability to add/change the type of filter options on the post list page.
- The topic ‘[Plugin: WP Easy Post Types] Notes to Developer’ is closed to new replies.