While I expect the odd bug or shortcoming in a piece of open source software, WP E-commerce has been a nightmare.
- Many features do not work at all; many more do not work properly.
- Several features are anemic – for example, how shipping is calculated/handled
- The code is beyond byzantine; finding anything in it is like looking for a needle in a haystack
- It’s slow – presumably because SO many .php files must run for anything to happen
- There are 3 different CSS files contradicting each other in many places!
- The default CSS is poorly written, relying more on ‘hacks’ than clean code
- Almost no documentation
- Free support only in the user forums, from other users – who are just as confused as you are in most cases, because things don’t work
- Paid support takes weeks to respond – despite the fact that you’re paying for it
- Staff members not at all active in forums
- The owner of the company who makes the software… makes hundreds of marketing posts daily… but has posted in his own forums less than once a month
I don’t usually give harsh reviews, even when something doesn’t work quite right — but when it comes to e-commerce, stability is important… and this plugin just does not have it.
If you need to keep to a budget… or produce a working site… or are trying to do anything other than set up a hobby site that will never quite work as you want it to… stay away from this one.
- The topic ‘[Plugin: WP e-Commerce] WP-E-commerce – Do Not Use This’ is closed to new replies.