[Plugin: WP e-Commerce] Membership Plugin Breaks Ecommerce Functionality
I thought this plugin would allow me to have add membership capability to the already existing shopping cart experience. WRONG. This plugin is seriously flawed.
1. It will only work if purchasing products/subscription as ‘buy now’ / single item transactions.
2. The ‘add to cart’ and shopping cart experience for products will not work along side a product of membership type. Attempting to add two different product types (membership and true product) will prevent any second item from being added to the cart). See line 613 of wp-shopping-cart.php for an example.
3. Therefore this plugin really renders your ecommerce functionality worthless for products.
4. Will work great if you only do membership or you only do ecommerce.
If you want ecommerce + gold w/membership you’re really spending $275 for a membership only plugin that you can’t sell products on. They should split this out not as an add on but as a separate product.
- The topic ‘[Plugin: WP e-Commerce] Membership Plugin Breaks Ecommerce Functionality’ is closed to new replies.