Support » Fixing WordPress » [Plugin: WP-dTree] Foreign characters

  • Hello.

    First of all, I ought to say that wp-dTree is a great plugin. But, um, I can’t get it to display foreign characters (namely the c-cedilla, “ç”) in the widget. (“March” in portuguese is “Março”.)

    I tried adding a line like this in dtree.php:

    str=str.replace(/\ç/g,'\ç');

    But to no effect. Any ideas?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • I have a similar problem. In archives the month March in a German run blog is displayed ‘M& auml; z’ instead of ‘März’

    <a class="node" title="M&auml;rz" href="javascript: a.o(2);">M&auml;rz</a>

    Any ideas how to fix this?

    Problem found, its related to wp_dTree.prototype.htmlEntities in dtree.php Version 2.5 line 180

    wp_dTree.prototype.htmlEntities = function(str) {
            // FIX WENZLERM Archive Umlaute (März)
    	// str=str.replace(/\&/g,'\&amp;');
    	str=str.replace(/\"/g,'\&quot;');
    	str=str.replace(/\</g,'\<');
    	str=str.replace(/\>/g,'\>');
    	return str;
    }

    Seems that my &auml; gehts somehow translated to &amp;auml

    Escaping is probably necessary as in the function above, but here it is somehow called twice I guess…

    Have fun, Ben!

    That method is entirely redundant (there is PHP method for doing that work) and should’ve been replace outright. I’m surprised I didn’t notice it was still left in. 🙂

    It’ll be fixed in the next release.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘[Plugin: WP-dTree] Foreign characters’ is closed to new replies.