[Resolved] [Plugin: WP Document Revisions] Custom permalink in archive pages and translation questions
Excellent plugin, Ben. I’ve built a test site to check their features and translate it to spanish. Please look at http://www.elarequi.com/gestiondocumental/.
I have two questions about the plugin:
1. Is it possible to customize the URLs of custom post type archive pages “/documents”, to have something like “/documentos” (the spanish equivalent)? To get this, I’ve made a minor change in wp-document-revisions.php file, line 157. Instead of:
‘rewrite’ => true,
I have added this:
‘rewrite’ => array( ‘slug’ => ‘documentos’),
It works, as you can see in http://www.elarequi.com/gestiondocumental/documentos, but I’m not sure if this is the best way.
2. The second group of questions has to do with the spanish translation. Although I’ve translated the plugin carefully (you can download and check it from http://www.elarequi.com/gestiondocumental/2012/04/traduccion-al-espanol-del-plugin-wp-document-revision/), I can’t translate the name and description of the widget (by the way, post status in widget options are not translatable). Additionally, some plugin messages, like the one after uploading a document (“File uploaded successfully. Add a revision summary below (optional) or press Update to save your changes”), are not be translated either.
Regarding to spanish translation, I have some doubts about the participles “checked out” and “checked in”:
– “You currently have this file checked out”. Do you mean that the file is assigned to a user, or that it is verified?
– “Checked in <abbr class=\”timestamp\” title=\”%1$s\” id=\”%2$s\”>%3$s</abbr> ago by %4$s”. Do you mean that the file is published, assigned…?
I’ve looked at the Free Online Dictionary in order to check uses and meanings of the verb “check”, but I’m not sure about the best one for these two sentences.
And finally, I have translated “Workflow States” as “Estados de publicación”. The literal translation in spanish is “Estados del flujo de trabajo”, but it seems to me quite strange in Spanish. I prefer “Estado de publication” which means “Publication status”. What do you think about this?
- The topic ‘[Resolved] [Plugin: WP Document Revisions] Custom permalink in archive pages and translation questions’ is closed to new replies.