[Resolved] [Plugin: WP Bannerize] Update removed all my banner records
I updated to the last version (from 2.88) and all my banners are gone. Do you removed the database table?
Maybe you can fix that before I run the update for my other sites?
Thanks for the great plugin.
My problem is different, I have the idea that the new version is using a WP table now and the data from the old table isn’t used anymore 🙁
The table name is changed.
I added 3 new table columns and changed back the table name:
ALTER TABLE wp_bannerize ADD banner_type CHAR( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1' FIRST , ADD free_html TEXT NOT NULL AFTER banner_type , ADD enabled CHAR( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1' AFTER free_html
check also your general settings
Database Table Delta is done following WordPress directives, when the Plugin is Activated.
You don’t need to alter the table manually. Unfortunately it seems that the plugin is not activated properly during the upgrade. I’m investigating about it.
However, simply deactivate and reactivate the plugin to perform the correct procedure.
Let me know if all work properly
that is possible, I will try it on some other site.
BTW. version 3 look much better than the older version 😉
You’re right, it went wrong during update and after re-activation/activation the banners are back.
Not for me. They are still gone. The php code in the template is not even showing up. http://www.womenspeak.com/
The ad banner should be in the header to the right of the logo.
I deactivated, reactivated – didn’t work. So, completely removed plugin and readded, still not working.
Please check this topic also: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wp-bannerize-php-code-dont-work?replies=2
could you “paste” your header php code?
I have visited the your web page and I checked the header but I don’t found any error or “hidden” wb bannerize tag.
Let me know how I can help you.
That was the same code that was there before the upgrade of the plug in and it worked. Also, I’ve added the bannerize code into the header file directly in WordPress admin. It still does not show up.
Gaspar, thanks for link. I tried that, but it messed up the entire header. The banner ad did show up, but everything else was moved way down the page. So, all my styling would have to be redone.
Hi, I fixed all in 3.0.3 available ASAP.
Thanks to all for report, test and support.
Yes, you did!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! Love your plug in and the quick response with positive reaction says a lot about you.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] [Plugin: WP Bannerize] Update removed all my banner records’ is closed to new replies.