Support » Plugins » [Plugin: Stats] Problems with my API and new blog (WP Stat Plugin)

  • supermouse


    Hi everyone!

    I used to have a blog with own domain with WP Stats plugin installed and registered with my API Key. Works perfectly.

    But the problem is that now I have no more this blog, but another, with another own domain. When attempting to install the WP Stats plugin on my new blog, I asked for API Key. But when I try to use it, I get the following error message:

    “Failed attempt from last API Key:
    The owner of that API Key (xxxxxxxx) is not on the access list for this blog. When this blog was registered, ‘s API key was used. To add you to the access list, must visit this blog’s dashboard stats page and use the form at the bottom of that page.”

    The big point is: how can I change my domain on the dashboard? This function is not available for me… I can only view the URL for lod blog. There is no change as this.

    Thanks for your time and help.


Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • pnaw10


    You can’t use the same API key on two different websites. Every website needs its own API key. Think of an API as a “fingerprint” for your website. No two websites can have the same fingerprint.

    To the best of my knowledge, the only way to get a new API key is to open a new account. At least they don’t cost you anything… but you do have to come up with a new username and password. (And I think you also need to use a different e-mail address.)



    Hum… ok, but:

    1- The old blog and domain name is not active anymore!
    2- In the I can’t register a blog with my own domain, only




    How about this..
    I have my own domain and host, and a wp plug stats that works perfectly. Then something happens that make me to wipe my wordpress database and reinstall it.
    After that situation, my plug stats not working anymore, its only show 0 hits…
    is it a bugs to wordpress 2.6 system or because the API keys thing that I used differnt website, altough the domain name and the host were still the same, only the wordpress php admin database name were change.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘[Plugin: Stats] Problems with my API and new blog (WP Stat Plugin)’ is closed to new replies.