[Resolved] [Plugin: WordPress SEO] No Sitemap being generated after hosting change
Recently I took Joosts recommendation for hosting providers and switched from a poor IIS server to a Linux server through VPS.net
Since doing so I have had real trouble with the sitemap functionality.
the URL structure on the previous server was not desirable and had the /index.php/ in the permalink now on the Linux server this is now gone forever – very glad. But since this change over the sitemap no longer works.
When I click to rebuild a sitemap the normal dialog comes up:
04:57:34: Starting to generate output.
04:57:36: 455 posts of type post found.
04:57:36: 74 posts of type page found.
04:57:36: 101 taxonomy entries of type category found.
04:57:36: Sitemap successfully (re-)generated with 631 URLs.
04:57:36: Sitemap successfully gzipped.
04:57:37: Successfully notified of updated sitemap: Google Yahoo! Bing Ask.com
1,250KB of memory used.
Although the only thing askew here is the memory used, this used to be about a quarter of that amount of memory if I ever rebuilt the sitemap previously.
The links generated are blank and even checking that pages source code have nothing in them.
I have read that the sitemap is actually located in the /wp-content/uploads/wpseo/ folder but when I check this there is nothing in there. So I deleted the folder and recreated and set the permissions to 777, still nothing is being created.
I am unsure where to start in fixing this problem and hope someone has some suggestions.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] [Plugin: WordPress SEO] No Sitemap being generated after hosting change’ is closed to new replies.