Support » Plugin: Yoast SEO » [Plugin: WordPress SEO by Yoast] Search-Page-Title can not be saved (SEO 1.1)

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Plugin Author Joost de Valk

    (@joostdevalk)

    Yeah indeed, bug fixed, will be patched in 1.1.1, thanks!

    Ha – Good work… no need for a new topic then thanks (same issue – WordPress 2.3 YoastSEO 1.1)

    Had to revert back to WP 3.2.1 because of this issue and the one affecting linkdex. I’ll upgrade with Joost updates his plugin; I can live without wp 3.3 for a while.

    Additionally, does anyone know why the Focus Keyword on posts and pages has stopped auto-completing? It does that even on a clean install of WP.

    Regards

    Plugin Author Joost de Valk

    (@joostdevalk)

    Khaled: focus keyword autocompletion was fixed in the last update, both the other bugs you mentioned will be fixed in the next so you can safely upgrade 🙂

    Thanks Joost, I’ll give it a try now with both, WP 3.3 and WP SEO 1.1.1 and will let you know how it goes.

    Incidentally, the autocomplete wasn’t working on WP 3.2.1 and WP SEO 1.1 or WP 3.3 and WP SEO 1.1

    Not sure if that makes a difference but am going to test it again now using your latest build ….

    Can confirm, that autocomplete still isn’t working (WP 3.3 and WPSEO 1.1.1).

    Regards,
    Khaled

    Plugin Author Joost de Valk

    (@joostdevalk)

    Autocomplete works for me so I’ll need more info to be able to debug, any JS errors perhaps?

    Hi Joost,

    I see the following in Chrome:

    GET http://clients1.google.com/complete/search?callback=jQuery17107037201137281954_1323973637652&q=j&ds=&nolabels=t&_=1323978373007 400 (Bad Request)
    f.ajaxTransport.sendload-scripts.php:4
    f.extend.ajaxload-scripts.php:4
    opts.sourcewp-seo-metabox.js:7
    d.widget._searchload-scripts.php:538
    d.widget.searchload-scripts.php:538
    (anonymous function)

    Does that help any?
    Cheers

    Plugin Author Joost de Valk

    (@joostdevalk)

    Yes, you should properly upgrade, you’re still using old code.

    Hi Joost, what would be the best way to upgrade? I actually reinstalled WP and your plugin from scratch but I did import settings that were exported from the previous version of WPSEO.

    Thanks for helping out with this.

    Regards

    Plugin Author Joost de Valk

    (@joostdevalk)

    I think you’ve got browser cache or something else that’s in the way, to be honest…

    I’ve tried Chrome and IE even after clearing browser cache. I’ll try from a machine that hasn’t accessed the WP admin before.

    Nope, that didn’t work either; so browser cache ruled out. I’m at a loss since like I said, I have installed everything from scratch and this still doesn’t seem to be working. Any other suggestions you’d like me to try?

    Regards

    1.1.2 Fixed my issue with the auto-complete. Thanks

    I’m having a similar issue with the Yoast SEO plugin except it’s not just the SEO Title that’s disappearing. All of my WordPress SEO fields are disappearing. It appears that the entries are indeed being saved initially because I’m able to find them in the database after I edit my SEO Plugin fields for a post.

    The problem is that the next time I edit that post, the fields come up blank so if I save my edits, it blanks out whatever was saved into the database the first time. This is a problem with retrieval of the previously saved entries.

    What makes this even more bewildering is that I’ve got this installed on three different environments and it works in two of them, but not one of them. The one that it fails on is unfortunately the one that matters the most. The difference that jumps out at me the most between the three servers is that two of them are running PHP 5.2.17 and the one that’s not working properly is running 5.2.6 with the suhosin hardened PHP module enabled.

    I’m using WordPress 3.2.1 and the 1.1.2 version of the plugin. I apologize for not being able to provide any more helpful details. I’m hoping that someone else ran into this same issue and can tell me what they did in their case to resolve the problem.

    Ok, I just did some more testing on this and it appears that the issue is somewhat intermittent in my case. If I keep reloading my edit page, the SEO Fields appear sometimes and doesn’t appear at other times. More often than not, they don’t appear, but if I keep reloading the edit screen, the fields get populated eventually with what I entered last time.

    I also found an older version of the site that was hiding on the same server that was having problems and it works fine in that version of the site. I installed the same plugins into that older version of the site and it worked fine.

    To rule out the influence of plugins, I installed a fresh version of WordPress and enabled WordPress SEO by Yoast on it and this fresh site that was just WP 3.2.1 and the plugin 1.1.2 also had the problem with the disappearing field value. An upgrade to WP 3.3 changed nothing.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘[Plugin: WordPress SEO by Yoast] Search-Page-Title can not be saved (SEO 1.1)’ is closed to new replies.