Support » Plugin: Yoast SEO » [Plugin: WordPress SEO by Yoast] Nothing but problems since last upgrade

  • I had the plug in working for at least the templates but hadn’t set anything else up. Last night, I installed the latest update and now nothing is working as expected. Site titles aren’t being ‘read’ for snippets, sometimes they’re being read and regurgitated over and over. Excerpts aren’t being created. It’s a mess. I just tried creating my xml site map (this is a brand new site) for the first time and received the error below. I doubt anyone can help since the problems I’m having are so erratic and systemic and I’ll probably just have to trash this plug in. I really want it to work but the way it is now, my snippets are just either ridiculous or nonexistent.

    This page contains the following errors:

    error on line 2 at column 6: XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document
    Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • I really need help. I tried uninstalling it, purged cache and reinstalling it. When I reinstalled it, all of my previously designated templates were still there which means that there was something that was not removed when I deleted the files after it was uninstalled. It’s not reading excerpt commands, its producing unexpected results in titles. I need to completely purge this thing but uninstalling and deleting doesn’t appear to work.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘[Plugin: WordPress SEO by Yoast] Nothing but problems since last upgrade’ is closed to new replies.