Support » Plugin: Yoast SEO » [Plugin: WordPress SEO by Yoast] Broken Site links after I upgrade to new SEO Plugin update for WP

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Plugin Author Joost de Valk


    You’ll have to show me where the error is because right now it all looks OK to me.


    I appreciate your response.

    An example of the issue which I have been describing will be seen if you go to my site again then in the Navigation bar please select the category “Disability Aids” then the sub-category “Walking canes” next please click on the product “Walking Cane” what will happen after you click on “Walking Cane” is happening in several instances throughout this site resulting in the below error: ( I have already manually fixed the links on the homepage but internal page links are above my capacity)

    The address in the address bar for some posts instead of having format shows

    I also get the following browser error message.

    “The page isn’t redirecting properly

    Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

    This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept

    My URL is

    Plugin Author Joost de Valk


    Go to SEO -> Permalinks and uncheck all boxes, then see if the problem persists.


    All the boxes are now uncheched, please take a look as only the product images are brought up with no corresponding data.

    Please let me know when you have been there.

    Plugin Author Joost de Valk


    Hmm very very weird. I don’t know which plugin you’re using to generate this but it’s clashing heavily with mine, so I suggest making a choice for either one.

    Do you think I should just de-activate my plug-ins one at time to catch the culprit?

    Have you checked to see if your .htaccess file still has the rewrite conditions? Try changing Permalinks to something else and save, if your permalinks are not changing, try chmod 777 .htaccess and select postname again.

    Maybe this will help,

    BTW: I’m using IE9 and Chrome. All of your links that I visited are showing as normal to me.


    I have Chrome on my site as well and the outcome is the same as with Fire Fox

    Below is the content of my .htaccess file

    # BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ – [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

    # END WordPress

    <Files 403.shtml>
    order allow,deny
    allow from all

    deny from

    Sucks you are having issues.. Your walking cane page, Cryoderm Pain Relieving Spray no longer even load for me. My best guess would be that your database is corrupt and has nothing to do with the seo plugin. When running an ecommerce store with products like that, upgrading a live site is really taking a chance. 1000’s of people are having trouble right now in one way or another because of upgrading to 3.3..

    My best advice would be to hope you backed up your db before your upgraded, and restore that database. The pages you are having link problems with, also do not show any detailed product descriptions either.

    I could be wrong.. And sorry if I am but with content missing, I can’t see that having to do with any plugins. You are missing product data.

    Sorry I can’t be of more help,



    I restored this site from a PRE WP3.3 previous backup Database and all. Everything now works in the old WP version.

    I am concerned that if I upgrade again things will get messed up again.

    Any idea on how I should proceed as my site is now working but it is the previous version of WordPress and YOAST SEO

    I have reverted to the previous installation of WordPress 3.2.1 from a full backup and am now wondering if this new WordPress 3.3 was meant for me and when will it be safe for me to try another upgrade without the drama included.

    Sorry you were having such issues. I have customised most of my version of 3.2.1 so I didn’t want to do a direct upgrade. I also use the plugins for disabling the update, plugins and themes to save memory and all.

    I installed a fresh copy of the latest WordPress, installed all my plugins, and then installed my current database, and even after spending half a day on it, I had issues that I couldn’t figure out. Lack of time played a big part but that latest WP doesn’t seem to just work on certain systems this time.

    Glad you were able to get running again.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘[Plugin: WordPress SEO by Yoast] Broken Site links after I upgrade to new SEO Plugin update for WP’ is closed to new replies.