I’m having a lot of trouble getting this to work. I have installed and removed it a couple times, including going into the database and cleaning out the entries, creating new sites, etc.
– I set up a clean site with SimpleScripts
– My WP testing site is: http://example.com/testsite
– I deactivated and deleted all other plugins, then installed WordPress-https
– I set the secure host as per BH documentation to: secure.bluehost.com/~example <— actually it’s ~username
– left the port field blank – that uses the default 443 right?
(the first time I installed it, the page never finished saving, but it has done so ever since.)
– logged out
– went to secure.bluehost.com/~example/testsite/wp-admin
–> it went to http://example.com/testsite/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fexample.com%2Ftestsite%2Fwp-admin%2F&reauth=1
— I logged back in fine.
– when I check the Force SSL Administration page and save, I get sent to:
and am told “Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage”
– I get the same message when I go to http://example.com/testsite/wp-admin
– when I go to https://example.com/testsite/wp-admin or https://secure.bluehost.com/~examples/testsite/wp-admin I just get 404s.
– the weirdest thing is, I think I was getting that redirect loop people have mentioned instead of being able to log in initially. When I first installed it, I was getting the SSL site with a lovely bright red address bar in IE due to the shared address (which is fine for my use) and it just redisplayed the login screen.
I deleted the plugin & database contents and tried again, and got the above results. Then I completely deleted the site and all folders and database, and reinstalled WP from scratch and still got the above results. I suspected something is still being retained by bluehost, somewhere, but I created another new site in a different folder and still get the same results. I’m baffled now.
** The plugin REALLY should clean out the database entries when deleting itself! Reinstalling, it grabbed all the entries from the first time and locked me out again. Blech.
- The topic ‘[Plugin: WordPress HTTPS (SSL)] Not working for Shared SSL on Bluehost’ is closed to new replies.