I am new to WP, I have installed download monitor and it went perfectley, I did my first post that was to use the links to the downloadable file but when it came to adding the ‘tags’ I had no idea how to use them. The add tag section does not do anything, it just returns the information I put in.
It is the whole concept I am missing – what is a ‘tag’ in this instance, how do I put the links on a page of posts or pages.
I’m going to give this a bump because I also found the documentation to be poor and I’ve been left scratching my head about how on earth I can get this thing to output things the way I want — i.e. show all downloads in one category, sorted by file name.
– There are “shortcodes” that I use directly on my page
– There is “get_downloads()” that I use in my template file
– There are “legacy codes” that are depreciated (but those are the ones that are generated by the “Downloads” dropdown in my TinyMCE)
Please correct me if I got that wrong.
Now here is what I would like to do but fail:
– Show me all downloads of category “NAME”
– Show me all downloads with a specific shortcode ordered by category
How do I do that with the new shortcodes and how do I do that with “get_downloads()”?