Thanks so much for the great plugin. I just wanted to flag an issue I’ve come across since modifying my deployment strategy on a site.
All my sites are now using SVN:externals to update the core wordpress files and the plugin files. This means that I’ve separated out /core/ and /content/ into separate folders at the web root.
Once I deployed this Download Monitor started giving 500 errors on all the downloads (even though the permissions were set correctly and the path to the file was correct).
Looking at the error log (after a lot of faffing around!) I’ve realised that the plugin is loading wp-load.php and wp-config.php – and it can’t find the path to those files.
I’ve hacked it to work in my instance – but it would be great if the plugin could be updated to cope with a separated content/plugin folder. There’s an interesting article from Otto on using wp-load.php in plugins here:
- The topic ‘[Plugin: WordPress Download Monitor] path to wp-load.php / wp-config.php’ is closed to new replies.