I created a WordPress blog locally and then uploaded it to the live site. I noticed that the breadcrumbs created were pointing to http://localhost instead of the live site, so I opened up the plugin, found and probably fixed the bug.
The problem is where the author is setting a crumb link href by taking the value of $output->guid. The GUID is usually the same as the permalink of the page, but the difference is that this doesn’t change if you change the location of the blog, since the GUID is an id and isn’t meant to be used as a permalink.
The fix is simple. Find $output->guid and replace it with get_permalink($page_no).
I hope the author of the plugin acknowledges this bug and fixes it in his code, but till then, this fix works.