[Resolved] [Plugin: W3 Total Cache] W3TC and WordPress multi-site
Been using W3TC plugin with wordpress 3.x without a problem. It works great in fact (good work W3TC team).
However, when we try to install it in a WordPress 3.0.1 + multi-site (old wordpress-mu) + domain Mapping (not sub-directories) .. we’re having problems.
I’ve been searching and have found several posts saying thinks like you need specific configuration, others that you have to enable the plugin in all your sites in order to “fully utilize w3tc“, or that you have to have subdirectories mode set (that it does not work with domain mapping).
However, in many other posts we also found people saying (or replying) that W3TC works fine “as is” with WordPress 3.x + multisite + domain mapping. Can anybody confirm so please?
If that’s the case, we’re doing something wrong as we added the pluging, and activated in one of the sites (not all of them) … we added the necessary lines in the .htaccess file (the documentroot one, common for all sites). WordPress does not complain something is missing, but no cache whatsoever (we’re trying to use page cache). No files found in the wp-content/xxxx/pgcache directory.
Questions we have that could be related to our problem.
– We are using domain mapping with this configuration
Remote Login ON
Permanent redirect OFF
User domain mapping page ON
Redirect administration pages to site’s original domain ON
Disable primary domain check OFF
Should I change anything?
– After installing the plugin, I CANNOT activate for all the network, and I have to do so one by one. Is this ok?
– Do I need to activate the plugin in ALL my sites (I host around 60) in order to make it cache files to file-system?
– Should I except the cache files (starting with “_”) to be in the pgcache directory? (as it does in the single installation of wordpress+w3tc)?
– As I understand, I’m only updating the .htaccess in the documentroot of my server. Should I have more .htaccess files in the wp-content/xxx directories?
Well, sorry for this long post. Hope somebody can confirm W3TC works out of the box, and if so, shed some light on my problem!
Thanks for your help
- The topic ‘[Resolved] [Plugin: W3 Total Cache] W3TC and WordPress multi-site’ is closed to new replies.