We’re moving away from our single dedicated server to a load balanced environment and I have a few questions/thoughts on how this will potentially work.
(2) Apache2 front-end servers (ie. www1, www2)
(1) MySQL server also running Memcached (ie. www3)
I’m thinking we would use W3 on both servers Apache servers:
– Page Cache would use Memcache on www3
– Database Cache would use Memcache on www3
– Object Cache would use Memcache on www3
How we determine how to handle content uploads is an entirely different beast and is off-topic I believe for this thread. However, for the sake of keeping OT, for Object Cache could we use APC installed on both boxes instead of Memcache on www3? I assume that APC is just keeping PHP scripts for WordPress compiled in memory. Is there any benefit of APC locally on each box or using Memcache on a central server?
Thanks in advance for any feedback.
- The topic ‘[Plugin: W3 Total Cache] Using W3 with Load Balanced Servers’ is closed to new replies.