[Plugin: W3 Total Cache] Errors in YSlow & content not being sent by CDN
To start out with, thanks for this great plug-in. I wanted to see if I could get some advice on some low grades I am getting in YSlow.
First, some info. I am using w3 total Cache with a max CDN.
1. YSlow is telling me “There are 50 static components without a far-future expiration date.” I am not sure how to fix this. Is W3 Total Cache not assigning expiration dates? Is there something technically I need to do on my end for this?
2. IT tells me “There are 6 plain text components that should be sent compressed.” I really have no idea how to resolve this using w3 Total Cache. The settings are on in order to gzip.
3. It tells me “There are 18 components with misconfigured ETags.” Again, I really have no idea how to resolve this.
4. Some of my files are not being served from my CDN network. I have been trying to find out what this is and I have come to a conclusion that most of the files that aren’t being served from the CDN have addresses like this: wp-content/themes/digitalfarm/styles/default/cat_nav_bg.jpg Meaning, they are files buried deep in the wp-content folder. I think also a lot of these image files are being defined in CSS files. My theme also gives the option of different “skins”, meaning depending on what skin i am using, the css and images are buried deep in the wp-content folder. Is there any solution for this?
Any advice on what may be causing these problems would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need anymore specific information or if you would need me to send a debugging report.
- The topic ‘[Plugin: W3 Total Cache] Errors in YSlow & content not being sent by CDN’ is closed to new replies.