This is a serious one - but I can't seem to reproduce it now.
I'm hoping that someone out there can help figure it out...
It appears that W3 total cache (0.9.1.3) cached the admin bar of my wp account on the live version of a page - in a wp 3.1.2 site. I was on a private development server so it never got out to the world - but it freaked me out. I was going to upgrade a rather large multisite install from wp 3.0.5 to 3.1.2 in the next week... but now I don't think so... It's not an alternative to use another caching plugin right now.
I was the only one using the site or editing that page at time. It appears w3 total cache assumed the admin bar was actually part of the page... But I can't seem to reproduce the results now... FYI - There aren't any caching servers, load balancers, CDN's, etc... - it's just a single server running.
The rough sequence of events was:
- I had been editing a page, made some updates, then left that page open for a while.
- There was an autosave about 1-2 minutes after my last edit.
- Then I go to look at the page in another browser and my admin bar shows up on the page
- Then I tried an entirely different machine - a Mac running firefox - which I hadn't ever logged into WP on.
- I tried logging out and back in more than 10 times, same thing.
- Updating the page content was the only thing that cleared the problem out...
- I was very surprised - and I didn't check to see if the admin functions actually worked, and it was only for the one page I'd been editing.
I've tried rolling back the page (it was the page type - not a a post) to that revision to see if it was still there - but it's not...