As I am not one to give up this easily, I went ahead and just went back to 4.1.1. Then hit the "reset" button on the options page. Rebuilt my slides, and they are back. Not wanting to do a database restore, I will just leave it at that.
If you have an upgrade instruction sheet, that would be helpful otherwise I will have to stick with this version and ignore the upgrade notification in the dashboard.
When I upgraded, I did not see any instructions for existing plugin users, so I just went ahead and upgraded, as I do with all my plugins and themes.
Thanks, and my apologies for the bash. Not what I fealt like dealing with after a long weekend away.
[ Signature moderated. ]