[Plugin: User Access Manager] Very slow on large blog (with user logged on)
My site is running very slow (perhaps 5 times slower) in the following scenario:
– If there is a category (which has a sub-category) in the navigation menu.
– Eg. I have a category called say “News” which has a sub-category called “Boring news”. If i then link to the category “News” in the navigation menu, everything slows down alot.
– Only a problem if logged in as a user. if given access by ip (even same access), there is no speed problems – therefore there must be a bug in the code somewhere.
Problem is related to the following filters (disabling them speeds up to normal – but shows menues to people not having access (still blocking page views):
add_filter(‘wp_get_nav_menu_items’, array(&$userAccessManager, ‘showCustomMenu’));
add_filter(‘get_terms’, array(&$userAccessManager, ‘showTerms’), 10, 2);
– a little over 1300 posts in the system – 99% of them both in the sub-menu category “boring news” and the regular “news”.
– everything updated to latest version.
– every page/post/custom page where the navigation is shown are slow.
– backend is running fast, only frontend is slow.
– disabled all widgets, no improvements – problem is 100% related to the navigation menu.
– Running on a very fast VPS – makes it better than a shared host which then gives 10 second load times, but still 5 times slower than the usual “instant load”.
Runs at normal speed when:¨
– not logged in
– given access by “ip-address” (weird)
Runs at SLOW speed when:
– logged in as regular user (ip-address access makes no difference)
- The topic ‘[Plugin: User Access Manager] Very slow on large blog (with user logged on)’ is closed to new replies.