Support » Plugin: Autoptimize » Plugin update broke the language translations (Gtranslate)

  • Resolved dessislavak

    (@dessislavak)


    Hello,
    I update the Autoptimize plugin today, and it broke the language versions of the site. We are using Gtranslate.

    I tried everything – restore from system backup, rollback Autoptimize version, reinstall Gtranslate, clear all cache from everywhere, but nothing works. Asked the hosting company for support, but so far they have not been able to fix it (they also did a different backup restore).

    We are with The Gem and Autoptimize and WP Rocket come with the theme.

    Interesting is, that when I’m logged in to the WP Dashboard of the site, the language (Bulgarian) version opens fine.

    Help! What should I do?

    Thanks,
    Umani Hotel

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Thread Starter dessislavak

    (@dessislavak)

    In addition, this is an error message I received after I reinstalled Gtranslate (after I had rolled back Autoptimize):

    An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 14 of the file /home/hoteluma/public_html/wp-content/plugins/autoptimize/classes/autoptimizeCriticalCSSSettingsAjax.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to protected method autoptimizeCriticalCSSBase::fetch_options() from context 'autoptimizeCriticalCSSSettingsAjax' in /home/hoteluma/public_html/wp-content/plugins/autoptimize/classes/autoptimizeCriticalCSSSettingsAjax.php:14
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/hoteluma/public_html/wp-content/plugins/autoptimize/classes/autoptimizeCriticalCSSSettings.php(41): autoptimizeCriticalCSSSettingsAjax->__construct()
    #1 /home/hoteluma/public_html/wp-content/plugins/autoptimize/classes/autoptimizeCriticalCSSSettings.php(21): autoptimizeCriticalCSSSettings->run()
    #2 /home/hoteluma/public_html/wp-content/plugins/autoptimize/classes/autoptimizeCriticalCSSBase.php(152): autoptimizeCriticalCSSSettings->__construct()
    #3 /home/hoteluma/public_html/wp-content/plugins/autoptimize/classes/autoptimizeMain.php(240): autoptimizeCriticalCSSBase->load_requires()
    #4 /home/hoteluma/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(307): autoptimizeMain->maybe_run_criticalcss('')
    #5 /home/hoteluma/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php
    Plugin Author Optimizing Matters

    (@optimizingmatters)

    Looks like the rollback was not entirely succesfull, Can you try removing wp-content/plugins/autoptimize (using your hosts file manager or (s)ftp or a wordpress file manager plugin) and then re-install Autoptimize (v 3.0.3) to make sure the PHP error goes away?

    After that we’ll troubleshoot the translations not working 🙂

    Thread Starter dessislavak

    (@dessislavak)

    Hello, thank you for your fast response.

    I deleted the specified folder from the File Manager of the host, I also deleted and reinstalled GTranslate. Removed WP Rocket as well (deleted from File Manager also), and installed Hummingbird instead.

    Still the issue persists without a change 🙁

    I’m not seeing the above Error message, though, it only appeared once.

    So what shall I try now?

    Thanks so much for your help.

    Thread Starter dessislavak

    (@dessislavak)

    And another thing that may be important: when I do hard refresh with Ctrl+F5 or add to URL on mobile ?test=456, the Bulgarian version shows OK..

    Plugin Author Optimizing Matters

    (@optimizingmatters)

    And another thing that may be important: when I do hard refresh with Ctrl+F5 or add to URL on mobile ?test=456, the Bulgarian version shows OK..

    that indicates you have a page cache which needs to be cleared, can you disable Hummingbird and if the issue persists ask your host to clear any cache they might have?

    Thread Starter dessislavak

    (@dessislavak)

    Thank you for this idea – I contacted Gtranslate and it turned out they have their own cache, which is now cleared and the translated pages are OK 🙂 Would not have thought about it by myself!

    Do you have any advice to avoid such crashes for future Autoptimize updates? I know how to clear the cache now, but it’s best if a breakdown can be avoided..

    Also, which caching plugin would you recommend to combine with Autoptimize: WP Fastest Cache or Hummingbird (I’d like to avoid WP Rocket as it caused issues for the mobile caching for me).

    Thank you so much again and best regards from Bulgaria!

    Plugin Author Optimizing Matters

    (@optimizingmatters)

    hmm, the problem is I don’t know what the initial problem was (as the PHP error came after the roll-back), but generally I am afraid that any plugin (or theme or even WordPress core) update can always break something so my advice would be to test upgrades on a non-production first (but I must confess that I don’t do that either).

    re. page caching; AO works great with KeyCDN Cache Enabler & WP Super Cache. WP Fastest Cache works great too, but make sure all JS/ CSS related settings are off to avoid potential conflicts with AO.

    Thread Starter dessislavak

    (@dessislavak)

    Thank you so much, I will try KeyCDN Cache Enabler first 🙂

    Can you please tell me about this setting in Cache Enabler – should I tick it, and if yes, should I choose Excluding or Including inline CSS – I want to make sure there’s no conflict with AO:

    Minification
    Minify HTML in cached pages EXCLUDING/INCLUDING inline CSS and JavaScript.

    Thanks and all the best (PS I will rate AO 5* :))

    Plugin Author Optimizing Matters

    (@optimizingmatters)

    I would keep that option off in KeyCDN Cache Enabler indeed.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.