Support » Plugin: MailPoet - emails and newsletters in WordPress » Plugin uninstalled itself (!) and won’t install again

  • Resolved lebensessenz

    (@lebensessenz)


    Hello!

    Since MP 3 came up I have been trying to make it work. Last month I finally did it and could send my first newsletter after MONTHS not being able to. Today I wanted to write an new newsletter. Much to my surprise, the new plugin was completely gone!

    Mailpoet 2 is still installed because I needed it to migrate my data.

    I tried to install MP 3 again. This is what I get:

    Installation fehlgeschlagen: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN”> 500 Internal Server Error Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator at service@webmailer.de to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

    As in my earlier attempts to install MP 3 it didn’t work either to install via ftp, I am posting this in the hope to get support. It would be very much appreciated!

    Thank you and kind regards,

    Saskia

    • This topic was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by lebensessenz.

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Jack K

    (@jack-kitterhing)

    Hiya Saskia!

    Sorry to hear you’ve been having issues with MailPoet 3.

    As it’s an internal server error there should be some helpful information in your hosts error log.

    The error log may be visible when you login with FTP. If not, contact your host and ask them for the error log for your site and then if you could paste that on something like pastebin.com and post a link here and then we’ll be able to debug what’s happening.

    Note: When pasting a error log, I’d personally recommend obfuscating the domain as this is a public forum.

    Thanks!

    Hey Jack. I got the plugin to work for a few days, now, after the WP update, it completely disappeared again. How can that be?

    The error log says nothing about the plugin. The error logged is:

    05.04.2018 10:53:13 my-domain-xxx.com [client 134.100.50.0] FastCGI: “/home/strato/http/fastcgi/rid/60/23/57206023/htdocs/WordPress_SecureMode_01/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php” aborted: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server after 43 sec

    Any help is appreciated…

    Thank you

    Saskia

    Again, I tried everything. Renaming the old mailpoet files. Deleting them. Installing as update from mp2. Installing from scratch. Uploading the plugin instead of using the plugin repository. Nothing works. When I try to install uploading the plugin manually, I get this error message: Directory already exists: /mnt/web014/d2/23/57206023/htdocs/WordPress_SecureMode_01/wp-content/plugins/mailpoet/
    But this directory does NOT exist.
    I am desperate because I really need my newsletter…

    Okay – I did it. I renamed the old mailpoet files into complete fantasy names, uploaded the plugin manually and now it works.
    I’ll mark this as solved for the time being. Thanks anyways.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Plugin uninstalled itself (!) and won’t install again’ is closed to new replies.