Support » Plugin: The Events Calendar » [Plugin: The Events Calendar] Language problem URL (french)

  • Hi! I have a problem for the url in french translation. In fact we have “à venir” or “àvenir” and when i try to modify the language file, the plugin uses the english translation.

    The problem is that if i dont modify this url, the page redirection is wrong.

    Which is the line that causes problem, and how to modify it?

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/the-events-calendar/

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Plugin Author Rob La Gatta

    (@roblagatta)

    Have you translated your WordPress install, in the wp-config file?

    It’s not a problem of wordpress install, just the plugin languages in tribe-events-calendar-fr_FR.mo .

    When i look for words in the file, i can find “à venir” but if i change it for “a venir” or “bientot” (if i don’t want spaces and accents) it doesn’t work and the plugin uses the english translation.

    Ah, that’s exactly my problem. ^^
    Any luck with resolving it?

    Plugin Author Rob La Gatta

    (@roblagatta)

    Hey Braintrash. Just followed up in the other thread too. Let me know if the suggestion over there did the trick.

    It didn’t.
    And does the same with English language.

    Plugin Author Rob La Gatta

    (@roblagatta)

    Thanks for confirming. I suspect this will have to be changed in the code for the 2.1 release; let me get one of our devs to take a look here and verify that, though. Apologies for the inconvenience in the interim.

    .mo files can’t be edited directly — they have to be generated from a .po file.

    PoEdit is a free tool that will allow you to edit the .po and generate a new .mo file. Sounds like we need to either filter that before we use it as a slug, or add a string to the translation file called ‘URL safe name for events’ 😉

    Nevermind, I just saw we added a check in 2.1 to alert the user if the slug entered is invalid.

    If a valid, non-accented slug is used for the plural and singular event stlugs, and it’s still broken, the problem lies elsewhere.

    OK, some debugging with the current version:

    My slug for events list is (The slug used for building the Events URL.): evenements

    http://www.culture.paris-sorbonne.fr/evenements/
    -> Works.

    Clicking on Calendar:
    http://www.culture.paris-sorbonne.fr/evenements/mois/
    -> Works.

    Clicking on EVent list leads me there:
    http://www.culture.paris-sorbonne.fr/evenements/àvenir/
    -> 404

    Isn’t the link should go back to the slug “evenements”, without “àvenir”?

    (Current version being the test build you sent me.)

    I see, ‘upcoming’ is being translated into ‘àvenir’ or ‘à venir’ but not being made into a slug. This is not a user editable field so we’ll need to make sure we get a fix in.

    I’ll file a bug for 2.1 — thanks for the help tracking this down!

    Fixed! I let Rob know so he can send you some new code to test.

    Ah, that’s great!
    Looking forward for it.

    Plugin Author Rob La Gatta

    (@roblagatta)

    Big thanks to Nick for his help here. I do have this new code ready to go and would be happy to provide it to any interested parties. Please shoot me an email (rob at tri.be) and I’ll get it to you with haste.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘[Plugin: The Events Calendar] Language problem URL (french)’ is closed to new replies.