[Plugin: The Events Calendar] For the BOLD: 1.6 public beta
Hello wonderful and caring community,
We could use some help with qa on 1.6. It is getting close. I have two tiny features left (don’t worry Kaj, I will get those widget changes in before we release like I promised) and a handful of bugs. Perhaps the more daring of you might be open to grabbing a copy of trunk now that things are more or less stable and letting us know where things are great and where they blow up!
The changelog is totally incomplete as I need to get back to work and can’t transcribe everything from redmine. I’ll make sure its polished before we release 1.6. That said, this should give you an idea what we have been up to.
As for what’s next, we’ll fix bugs on 1.6 once it goes out and for 1.7 move this into custom post types once 3.0 is out and stable (any day).
I want to thank those of you who have submitted patches, translations and more. You rock and are truly what I love about the wordpress community.
If you are going to be at wordcamp SF this Saturday, look me up. Ping me on twitter @justlikeair.
DOWNLOAD The Events Calendar 1.6 Beta A: http://cl.ly/j5h
= 1.6 =
* Child Theme support
* iCal Feed of all events now accessible using http://<yourUrlHere>.com/?ical
* Setting to include / exclude events from general loop
* Subcategories in events now behave properly! (and include some css for your creative endeavors)
* Get Events function no longer starts its own loop (significantly reduce conflicts with other plugins)
* Added class to current day
* PHP versions older than 5.1 will fail gracefully
* Uninstall file
* German [Felix Bartels]
* Brazilian Portuguese [Thiago Abdalla]
* Dutch [Sjoerd Boerrigter]
* Spanish [Los Jethrov]
* Updated to Swedish Translation [Kaj Johansson]
* in single.php, the Back to Events link no longer strictly goes to the grid view, but adheres to the default few option -pointed out by azzatron on the forum
* google map link is now produced with minimal information, complete address is no longer needed, W3C-compatible output
** tec_event_address() added for easy echoing of the event address
** thanks to AntonLargiader and azizur on forum
* improvement and debugging of entire error catching and displaying system
* Fixes upcoming/past sorting issue
** thanks to Elliot Silver for the financial support to get this ironed out!
- The topic ‘[Plugin: The Events Calendar] For the BOLD: 1.6 public beta’ is closed to new replies.