[Plugin: The Events Calendar] Fluid-blue support – sidebar
I’m trying to get my sidebar to appear with the-events-calendar plug-in. I’ve created my own /events directory within my theme. Here’s the flow of this theme:
- does get_header() – the header.php ends by opening div id=wrapper
- opens div id=content
- close div (content)
- does get_sidebar()
- does get_footer – which opens with </div> (presumably closing “wrapper”)
If I add a get_sidebar() call in one of the customized plugin files I created – e.g. single.php or gridview.php, I get my sidebar, but it simply flows after the calendar items down the same column.
The calendar items do not take up the full screen – they appear to be leaving room for the sidebar – the sidebar text (and background, which is a different color) just doesn’t appear there. So I thought that the problem was not the CSS for the calendar, but the placement of the get_sidebar() call.
I tried putting the get_sidebar call in two places in the events calendar php files:
- immediately before the plugin includes the theme’s footer.php
- just before the end of the tec-content div
I have also tried moving the get_sidebar() in my theme files from the index.php to footer.php. I’ve tried:
- moving it before the wrapper div gets closed
- moving it after the wrapper div gets closed
In all these cases, the results are the same for the pages created by the calendar plugin – the sidebar appears, but in the left column after the end of the calendar items.
So, could this be a CSS problem? If so, where in the events calendar’s CSS would I look? I’m not a CSS expert and the fact that the events calendar items seem to be leaving room for the sidebar leaves me stumped.
Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
- The topic ‘[Plugin: The Events Calendar] Fluid-blue support – sidebar’ is closed to new replies.