Hey there wss310. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you're having problems. This definitely is not the core behavior of the plugin so it sounds like something else may be at play here. I assume you've already tried resaving your permalinks, right? Here are some thoughts right off the bat:
* It could be a permalinks-related issue. Resave your permalinks page to reset them.
* Make sure you're running the latest version of the plugin (2.0.5).
* Check that there aren't any earlier versions of The Events Calendar or Events Calendar PRO active anywhere on the site. If they're present, deactivate them.
* Make sure you're running the latest version of WordPress.
* Try to identify whether this is a conflict with another plugin. You can do so easily by deactivating any other plugins you've got active and checking whether the issue persists.
* If it isn't a plugin conflict, it may be a theme one. If after deactivating all other plugins the issue persists, please revert to the default 2011 theme and test whether it's an issue there.
You are correct that each event creates its own page on the frontend. When clicking from an event list into an individual event, you should be able to see all the details of that event. I am seeing the issue on your site and that is not how it should be behaving.
Hopefully the steps outlined above (particularly the last two) will help resolve this. If not, let me know and I'll do what I can to assist. Apologies for the inconvenience in the interim.