WordPress.org

Forums

Tab Override
[resolved] problem issue tab override not working (8 posts)

  1. Kkronos
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hi,

    I install the plugin but nothing changes when editing post:
    impossible to indent html text with tab
    No button "Tab" added to other buttons

    Do you know how fix it or what may cause this trouble?

    thanks !

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tab-override/

  2. Kkronos
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I just find out that using the plugin qTranslate prevents Tab Override from working

  3. Kkronos
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    First of all:

    • qTranslate replaces the default wordpress editing page to edit a post by another one with different ID.
    • i modify Tab-Override javascript to have this one use the qtranslate editing page . This one was using the default content id from wordpress for post ie "textarea". I replaced it by : "qtrans_textarea_content".

    After few more look around tab-override javascript, I discover than the javascript code from tab_override was called before the qTranslate php execution. In short:

    • the editing post page from wordpress is loaded ( id : textarea)
    • javascript is called
    • the editing post page from qTranslate is loaded ( id : qtrans_textarea_content)
      How call this javascript after the qTranslate php execution?
  4. Kkronos
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Actually, the javascript called doesn't matter because functions are bound to events, so the problem is not here.

  5. Kkronos
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I finally managed to get Tab override to work with qTranslate:

    • in \wp-content\plugins\tab-override\includes\class-tab-override.php:

    call jquery.taboverride-1.1.1.js instead of jquery.taboverride-1.1.1.min.js
    call tab-override-setup-1.2.1.js insteadof tab-override-setup-1.2.1.min.js
    This allow you to modify not minified js files. However, the next modification could be made in minify js files.

    • in \wp-content\plugins\tab-override\js\tab-override-setup-1.2.1.js:

    replace #content by #qtrans_textarea_content
    replace #qt_content_fullscreen by #qt_qtrans_textarea_content_fullscreen
    replace

    • in \wp-content\plugins\tab-override\js\jquery.taboverride-1.1.1:

    replace #qtrans_textarea_content by #textarea

    Hope this can help some people!
    Bye!

  6. Bill Bryant
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hi,

    Thanks for reporting this. Sorry I didn't see it earlier. I'm glad you were able to find a solution.

    I'll look into making it easier to fix compatibility issues like this in the future. My initial thought is to provide additional options to change the element ids that the plugin is applied to. If this doesn't complicate things too much, it will be in the next version.

  7. Bill Bryant
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hi Kkronos,

    I just pushed an update that should make this much easier to fix. Once you update Tab Override, go to the Advanced section on the plugin settings page and add #qtrans_textarea_content to the Post field. It should look like this: #content, #replycontent, #qtrans_textarea_content. Save the changes and Tab Override should now be working with qTranslate.

    Let me know if you have any other problems.

    Thanks,
    Bill

  8. Kkronos
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Thank you for your update!
    I'll try it asap and give you news!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

  • Tab Override
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic