[Resolved] [Plugin: SurveyMe] Fatal error: Call to undefined function fnmatch()
Installed SurveyMe. But it couldn’t be activated and gives this error.
Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function fnmatch() in C:\wamp\www\wordpress\wp-content\plugins\wp-survey\library\base\b1v\FS.php on line 48
Can you suggest me what to do ?
I have PHP 5.2.6.
Thanks in advance
It would look that function didn’t become available on a windows platform will version 5.3.
I’ll what can be done.
The installation and all the functions worked fine. But it is not recording the answers. Any time you go to “Collected Data” tab, you only see a big 0 (zero) in “Records” field. And the tab only shows the “download” option. There’s no “Table” options. And, of course, the cvs downloaded file is totally empty. The same happens in mysql table: empty. The plugin is not recording answers.
This is the best surveys plugin around. It’s quite nice. DCoda did a great job. But it is not precisely useful if it doesn’t record the answers.
Any help will be great. All my e-mail db received an invitation to answer.
Thanks a lot
A solution has been found and should apear in the next release.
If you could let me know the php version , OS, mysql version and wordpress version that would be handy.
If everything else is working fine, then the problem may be with the survey you created. Can I ask you to try the default survey to see if that works, and send me a screenshot of the survey you created to see if i can spot anything in the configuration.
Thanks a lot for the answer. Here’s the information you’re asking for:
1. I did not try with the default survey. I created a new one.
2. I created the new one, called “Encuesta 2010”, with html code for css styling. Then I removed it, but with no changes.
3. PHP version: 5.2.10
4. Mysql server version: 5.0.91-community
5. OS: Mac OS 10.6 Leopard
6. WordPress Version: 3.0.2
Here’s a snapshot of survey’s back-end: http://vidaoutdoor.com/surveyme.png
You can see the survey itself here.
I also got a new error. All the required questions were answered, but the survey is loaded again with some questions red-marked as they weren’t answered. I removed the “required” check to all questions and the issue got solved.
It seems you found a hard and an annoying tester here.
Thanks a lot again for your time
The html in the question will definitely be a problem.
The flexibility of the form relies on using the questions as the name on the form and in the table. If you could remove this and rely on a stylesheet to change the way the questions look.
The problem with the csv not downloading should be addressed in the next release.
The problem with the mandatory fields would also be down to the html in the questions as form names don’t like certain characters and modifies them, which means they cannot be matched to the questions you entered.
The problem with non alpha numerica characters in the question is something we will try to fix but its a difficult one to get all the permutations. So its best to keep the questions as simple as possible.
I’ve already tried without the html code. And the result is the same. So, the problem doesn’t rely on the code…
You said the survey was called “Encuesta 2010”, is that exact or did it have some special characters in the title as well?
I do think the whole problem is down to characters that are not allowed as form fields and table fields and names, definitely the brackets in the html, and probably the special characters too.
A new version is due to be release that should cure some of the problems.
But this will need a bit of experimenting to determine the exact cause, hopefully a solution should be in the version after next.
If i can ask you to leave up the survey somewhere i can get to it so i can use it as a test case.
This is the exact title. Would you include the spanish-language accents on “special characters” category you’re talking about?? Because practically all the question fields have characters with accents… Let me try without accents and tell you the results.
Thanks again for the time.
Yes I think the spanish characters maybe a problem, as they and the only difference apparent at the moment. If they do apear to be the case a possible solution would be to swap them when they are used for the field names.
Well… I’m removing all the spanish characters, including question marks.
Just one observation: without html, the survey it’s illegible… Take a look: http://vidaoutdoor.net/
you will need to apply some css styling to the LABEL tags to get the questions to look the way you need.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] [Plugin: SurveyMe] Fatal error: Call to undefined function fnmatch()’ is closed to new replies.