I use ClipBucket because I run a video sharing portal.
I had to use ClipBucket because I couldn't find anything within WordPress which would allow me to do what I wanted to do which was a shame and a bit of a shock when you consider media is the future in a lot of ways.
I really do miss the features and security of WordPress so I have a suggestion...
My idea would be to take the best features of specialist scripts such as ClipBucket/ClipShare/PHPmotion etc and combine them with the awesome WordPress plugin PhotoQ (as an example) to create a super plugin for WordPress; hence VideoQ!
If you don't know what PhotoQ does it basically bulk uploads images and automatically creates posts with those images and then places them into a gallery for you.
It's very good because it saves a LOT of time.
- Single/mass remote upload (transload) videos from a url
- Single/mass import videos from a server folder (so you can ftp upload)
- Automatically encode imported videos into 480p/720p/HTML5 streams using FFmpeg + libx264
- Ability to mass edit title, description, tags etc while videos are being encoded
- Automatically create posts with encoded videos and stream them via JW Player (SD+HD/HTML5 etc) with the option of new posts being drafts or published
- Automatically create video and wordpress post thumbnails (big + small)
- Compatibility to play on Facebook walls (or ability to disable)
- Create embed code so videos can be shared
- Create upload feature so visitors can also upload and share videos
- Social Moderation! Let users decide if a video should be published or not. All videos are placed into a bin and only "veterans" can vote on a video to decide if it can be published; a video needs a certain amount of votes to be published for example. Veterans would be users who have already had X amount of videos published.
- Social Voting! Similar to Reddit/Digg in that users can up/down vote published videos.
These two features guarantee great content.
I think whoever invents such a plugin would be famous in the WordPress community because right now people have to make do with buggy and unsecure scripts like the ones mentioned which are also very expensive.
I know there are "mass grabbers" and such but I don't want to rely on YouTube. I want my own site with my own videos self hosted. Downloading a video, encoding, and then uploading is not a good option as it takes too much time. With this plugin you can get videos onto your site quickly and easily.
Apologies if this is the wrong forum.
Any thoughts? :)