i got it! i posted up some instructions.
I am pretty savvy yet your instructions were difficult. I did a small rendition of my own. Maybe you could upload them, or edit them
In order to add custom icons / other networking services aside form the ones i supplied follow these steps very carefully.
1. resize the icon you wish to use into 2 dimensions. 32x32 and 20x20. make sure to save it as a .png
2. create a folder, if one wasn't created already in the wp-content folder on your web server named "social-slider-2"
the directory structure should be /blogname/wp-content/social-slider-2/
3. on social slider options page where it gives you directions on how to "add new site" it lists a string of characters like this "_1301511554-20.png." copy
only the _1301511554 and rename the images you just copied to your file server adding the "-20 and -32" on each of the two images, depending on which is the 20x20 and 32x32.
What is key to understand here is everytime you refresh your options page that string of number changes so its important you are aware of the numbers and what corresponds to what on your file server.
4. Once you have named the images the string of numbers, you go to "Name of site dialog box" and input the "_1301511554" (minus the " " and -20/-34"
5. Lastly you can now rename the service above where all the other icons / services are and then repeat.