Ok I finally figured out what has happened, after hours of tinkering with my curl code I found that google has blocked access to the feedburner stats unless you enable the public API in your Feedburner admin panel.
Here are the instructions, as included with a new release of Social Crowd,
If you wish to use the Feedburner stats you must enable access by logging into your Feedburner admin panel http://feedburner.google.com, selecting the feed you want Social Crowd to access, Click on the "Publicize" tab, Select "Awareness API" from the Sidebar, and then click the "Activate" button. This will allow Social Crowd to correctly acquire your Feedburner stats and display them for you.
Let me know if you have any difficulties or further questions.