I sent this to my host/tech support:
I had to actually have my host do something on their end to resolve one problem.
They had to make changes to their PHP server and now the plugin update on the full plugin menu works.
Now I just sent them this suggestion:
For those who get this error randomly, without having upgraded WordPress recently, it’s caused by a database table being corrupted. Log in to MySQL and perform a repair using the syntax
repair table tablename
This fixed mine the first time I tried it.
The response from my host:
Can you try again, I repaired the database.
Still not fixed…
Does anybody have anymore suggestions?
Now I am trying this:
4) Opened up Plesk – used Database WebAdmin to bring up PHPMyAdmin
5) Click on the User_Meta Table
6) Made sure table prefixes were consistent and correct
7) Saw that I now had an extra line in user_meta named ‘capabilities’ instead of ‘wp_capabilites’ and the value was “subscriber”
Copied long string of information with wp_capabilities that WP put there on the initial instal to the meta_value for the line listed ‘capabilities’ and this changed the permissions from subscriber to administrator.
10) After all this was complete. Everything showed up in working order in my admin panel.
I will let you know if it fixes the problem…
I just uninstalled the plug-in and reinstalled it via ftp in binary mode.
That didn’t fix it either…
Now I am suggesting this to my host:
NO .HTACCESS FILE?
If you’re receiving an permissions error, you may also want to check that you have .htaccess in your main WordPress directory. This can also sometimes cause you problems.
This was tried….no luck
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE an .htaccess in your wp-admin/ directory:
create a text file on your desktop:
put the following inside it:
save the file. name it whatever you want
Upload the file to your wp-admin directory.
Rename the uploaded file to .htaccess (with the .)
IF YOU DO HAVE an .htaccess in your wp-admin/ directory:
Edit it, and add the following:
save the new .htaccess
- The topic ‘[Plugin: Sociable] Error – do not have sufficient permissions’ is closed to new replies.