[Plugin: Sitewide Newsletters] Sitewide-newsletter development ideas
Thanks for the handy plugin, mrwiblog!
Do you think it would be worth considering these development ideas for the plugin, to make it even more versatile:
– sending mail only to Blog Owners aka Administrators (I have one admin per blog and the rest users are editors or lower users)
– sending mail only to those who have an active blog, thus not sending mail to anyone who doesn’t have (an active) blog associated to their user account
Those two options would make this tool a great way to send announcements to WPMU-bloggers. 🙂
Thanks. I’ve recorded these ideas for a future version.
Thank you for the plugin, Chris!
I wish to see in the future version of it an option to use a variable for the username. So I could start the letter with “Dear $username”, that will translate into the actual name of each user.
Also would be nice to have a few editing buttons.
The ideas mentioned above sound really useful too.
Nice plugin, it use it each month fo newsletter. I have few ideas for feature request:
– allow html formatting in email (maybe just few of them)
– have possibility to send email to user depends on their rule (All, Contributor, Author, Editor etc.)
– widget which allow put email address to non-user and send him newsletter too
– possibility to have below the mail link with “unsubscribe” (to allow admin chose if he can have it bellow newsletter
– have possibility to connect (link) the newsletter with some posts (written version of newsletter)
– have something like archive of sent newsletter
This will make your plugin really proffesional
Good ideas, I’ll put these in the list. Maybe they will be in a future version.
I am excited to use Site-Wide.
Just the plug-in I was looking for to let subscribers know when make a new post to my blog.
The test email works great!
But when I send an email to all 3,000+ users nothing seems to happen.
Should I see some kind of progress report?
If so, why am I not seeing it?
Do I need to set-up SMTP?
No, you shouldn’t need to set up SMTP as the plugin uses the built-in WordPress email capability. What’s probably happening is the script is timing out due to your high number of users.
There are two options. 1) I could change the plugin to send emails in batches, say, of 100. This is by no means guaranteed to work. Or 2) you could use a 3rd party email service which is designed to handle large numbers of subscribers.
I would recommend option 2 is better for you, as I can’t guarantee when I will be able to work on the plugin.
- The topic ‘[Plugin: Sitewide Newsletters] Sitewide-newsletter development ideas’ is closed to new replies.