First off thank you for this wonderful plugin. :-)
I saw you were looking for ideas, so here is my contribution:
- Be able to select which categories to include/ exclude for autotagging.
- Use parent/ children for one to many tag relationships. Search based on children tags (and/ or parent tag) and the parent tag gets assigned to post instead of the children. This is handy for synonyms and topic tagging.
- Be able to choose to use only the local tags database.
- The ability to choose whether to mine for tags in posts by entire words or parts of words.
- Mass edit/ assign tags that come up as a search result in the admin manage posts without having to open posts. (Source: the Better Tags Manager plugin by Keith Dsouza)
- Be able to edit tags of single posts in the admin manage posts without opening posts. (Source: the Manageable plugin by Aaron Harp)
- Be able to confirm for each post or mass confirm for selection of posts before adding tags automatically to posts?
- Be able to choose whether to add tags for published, unpublished and/ or drafts posts?
- (In the long term) (for example XML/ CSV) import of subject oriented tag dictionaries. For example engineering, architecture, and biology (open source community project) tag dictionaries.
Don't get me wrong very impressed with the plugin.