I just installed brand new WordPress 3.01 on my test server just for the sakes of trying to recreate the problem that you have. I installed the plugin and activated it. Then I went into the Simple Real Estate Pack's settings pages and all of them opened up just fine. I never received any messages that warned me about permission insufficiency.
So, from this test and the fact that I have at least 4 other WP sites in my possession running this plugin with no permission issues, I conclude that it has to do with your specific setup. You can try disabling all plugins and enabling only the SRP plugin and see if it works. If so, enable other plugins one by one until one of them triggers the permission error. This way you can figure out which plugin creates the conflict.
If the problem is not in additional plugins, then it probably have something to do with your user permission settings.