I like this plugin a lot, it seems to be one of the best of it’s kind already (even though it’s still in beta!). Unfortunately I can’t use it on my main site for a couple of reasons, but I will keep a close eye on it as it develops.
Here are a couple of things that would make the plugin more useful to me, in case you wanted some feedback:
- It would be great if you could customize the name of the custom fields in the metaboxes. For example, I have a custom field called “books” that I have been using for years on my site. If I could somehow add that field to one of your metaboxes, that would help a lot. I like how clean the hidden fields are, but unfortunately it is not practical for a site that already uses a lot of custom fields.
- I find the name of the fields your plugin adds to be not very descriptive, which will make it harder to implement them in a template.
- I would like to be able to add descriptive labels and default text to some fields too.
- A file uploader would be fantastic!
So, just some ideas after I have played around with the plugin for a little while. Good luck with it!
- The topic ‘[Plugin: Simple Fields] Great plugin, some feedback’ is closed to new replies.