Support » Plugin: Simple Facebook Connect » [Plugin: Simple Facebook Connect] Translation doesn't work for me

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Plugin Author Samuel Wood (Otto)

    (@otto42)

    WordPress.org Admin

    Translation files made for older pre-1.0 versions of the plugin probably won’t work anymore. A *lot* changed in 1.0 and 1.1. You’ll probably need to make new translations for it.

    I went ahead and made a new POT file for version 1.1 here:
    http://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/simple-facebook-connect/tags/1.1/sfc.pot

    You should be able to use this with a POMO editor tool of your choice to create the proper PO and MO files for it.

    Thanks Otto,

    I think I found the issue. It seems the function load_plugin_textdomain() is called too soon (see also http://4visions.nl/en/2010/09/why-load_plugin_textdomain-would-not-work/)

    I’ve changed the line in sfc-base.php
    from
    load_plugin_textdomain(‘sfc’, false, dirname(plugin_basename(__FILE__)) );

    to
    function my_plugin_init() {
    load_plugin_textdomain(‘sfc’, false, dirname(plugin_basename(__FILE__)) );
    }
    add_action(‘init’,’my_plugin_init’);

    and it works.
    My knowledge of wordpress is very limited so I don’t know if it’s the correct file or correct place to put this code!

    Franck

    Plugin Author Samuel Wood (Otto)

    (@otto42)

    WordPress.org Admin

    Hmm.. Okay, I’ll fix that.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘[Plugin: Simple Facebook Connect] Translation doesn't work for me’ is closed to new replies.