I am using WP 3.2.1 as a network (multiuser) and the Graphene theme.
I want to implement Facebook integration (primarily on freetravelgenius.com, but eventually on other network sites) but want to know which plug in to use or if I should try to do it directly. The two that seem popular are simple facebook connect 1.0 and facebook comments 3.1.3, though I may be missing others. I do want to use something with a large user base so I can be comfortable that there will be good peer support. I am a wordpress/web programming novice, so I need to keep it somewhat simple.
Some things that I would like to do:
– when someone leaves a comment, their facebook name/pic is automatically attached
– ideally, such comment would also appear on their facebook wall
– some type of integration between my site and my facebook page facebook.com/FreeTraveGenius. Maybe when someone hits the like button on my site, it would also like the facebook page (even if that require some type of pop up).
– my site to recognize the user by picture if they are logged in to facebook like Yelp.com does.
– when someone is looking at my site, they can quickly see which of their friends like my site.
– I believe site level likes and integration is more important than post level, but could change my mind on that. Ideally, someone would “share” a post/page, but “like” my site, maybe by hitting one button.
– some type of log in integration would not hurt, but not really important, I don’t care if users log into my site if they are using their facebook account instead.
– I can live with sometype of authentication popups for all of the above, but the easier for the user to promote my site via facebook, the better.
– the method must be Network friendly, but it can treat each site as being totally sperate.
- The topic ‘[Plugin: Simple Facebook Connect] Best way to implement facebook features’ is closed to new replies.