I have been using STT2 for almost one year. In general I have been happy with this plugin. On all of my posts I’ll have a max of 10 related terms appearing. Recently I noticed that on some of our older posts, odd looking code appeared in lieu of a normal search term.
Here is a sample:
• inurl:/index php?_pantalla=
• claim inurl:/index php?board
• 500gb 2 5 hard drive 7200rpm inurl:/register intext:upcoming intext:published intext:submit intext:tag cloud -inurl: php
• pulchritudinous inurl:/index php?t=
• interpenetrate inurl:/index php?t=thread
• all star game baseball 2007 roster inurl:/register intext:upcoming intext:published intext:submit intext:tag cloud -inurl: php
• sawyer inurl:/index php?a=register
• cabal ii characters inurl:/register intext:upcoming intext:published intext:submit -inurl: php
• inurl:/register intext:upcoming intext:published intext:submit -inurl: php 30
I decided to manually remove these odd terms one by one by using the term deletion feature provided in the plugin.
After deleting the first 5 terms, I decided to speed things up by copying and pasting the list into Word, adding a comma at the end of each term, and then copying and pasting the entire block of terms into the delete box.
After I pressed the delete buttonall of the search terms in my STT2 database were deleted. .
While trying to figure out what went wrong I found a user that had the same problem, but she suggested that if your term that you are deleting ends with a comma…the entire database would be deleted.
I can only hope that my traffic is not all but killed thanks to this error.
Thanks to a relatively high amount of traffic, I can see the database starting to refill. I went from zero terms int he database to about twenty in less than 15 minutes.
I really hate learning hard lessons like this. I feel like I fell into a manhole that was not clearly marked.
- The topic ‘[Plugin: SEO SearchTerms Tagging 2] Use extreme caution when deleting search terms’ is closed to new replies.