WordPress.org

Support

Support » Plugins and Hacks » [Resolved] [Plugin: Self Hosted Plugins] Need Help with a Couple of Issues

[Resolved] [Plugin: Self Hosted Plugins] Need Help with a Couple of Issues

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Plugin Author topquarky
    Member

    @topquarky

    Hi Josh,

    For the first question, it takes the name of the plugin from the first line of the readme.txt file. Your file probably still has “Plugin Name” there.

    For the second question, there is most likely a rewrite rule that is taking precedence over the Self Hosted Plugins rules. There’s no quick way to debug at this time – when I was developing it I put a var_dump in the wordpress core files. I’ll look up what I did when I get back to my computer (later tonight).

    There is a way to turn off that rewrite. See the frequently asked questions for the plugin and try that to see if it works.

    Thanks for trying the plugin out. It’s still in early stages of development and it’s great to track these issues down.

    Cheers
    Topquarky

    joshmac
    Member

    @parkstreet

    Thanks. Yes, it has “Plugin Name: WP aMember Dashboard Widget”. So, the first line should only be “WP aMember Dashboard Widget”? I will check out the rewrite part and see if I can turn it off.

    joshmac
    Member

    @parkstreet

    Actually, If I only have “WP aMember Dashboard Widget” without “Plugin Name:”, I get a missing header message.

    Plugin Author topquarky
    Member

    @topquarky

    Make sure the format is proper. == My Plugin == should be the first line there.

    If you’re still having problems you can send me your readme.txt. t _at_ topquark _dot_ com.

    joshmac
    Member

    @parkstreet

    Thanks, that did it.

    Plugin Author topquarky
    Member

    @topquarky

    There’s also the readme validator. But if you’re getting an invalid plugin error, that’s in the main plugin php file.

    Plugin Author topquarky
    Member

    @topquarky

    Great!

    Plugin Author topquarky
    Member

    @topquarky

    For debuggin the rewrite problem, take a look at the WP::parse_request method. That’s where it happens. The global $wp object has a var called $wp->matched_rule that will get set to the rule that matched. Examine that one your 404 page.

    The rewrite rules match on a first-come-first-served basis, so if the rule that matched is before the self-hosted-plugins rules, then that’ll match. However, (because I found this in my testing), I added a filter called ‘shp_offending_patterns’. Look at the function shp_rewrite_rules in self-hosted-plugins.php. You can use that to move the offending pattern to the end of the rules array, thereby making the s-h-p patterns come first, thereby (hopefully) causing your extend/plugins/my-plugin page to show properly.

    Cheers
    Topquarky

    joshmac
    Member

    @parkstreet

    Ok, I will try it out.

    joshmac
    Member

    @parkstreet

    No matter what I try, it still doesn’t work. Even commenting out the rule set doesn’t return an error or anything different.

    Plugin Author topquarky
    Member

    @topquarky

    Hmmm.

    Have you tried it in twenty-ten? Or disabling some other plugins?

    joshmac
    Member

    @parkstreet

    No, I haven’t tried that theme or disabling plugins. I will try that and see what happens.

    Plugin Author topquarky
    Member

    @topquarky

    Hi Josh,

    I had another thought. Try changing the slug of your plugins page to something other than ‘plugins’ (i.e. ‘my-plugins’). Let me know if that does anything.

    joshmac
    Member

    @parkstreet

    Changing it did nothing differently.

    joshmac
    Member

    @parkstreet

    Switching to the Twenty Ten theme did not fix the issue either. I am on an Nginx server if that help.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • The topic ‘[Resolved] [Plugin: Self Hosted Plugins] Need Help with a Couple of Issues’ is closed to new replies.