[Plugin: Search Everything] No searchresults with 2.8
No, unfortunately same here. Also the regular WordPress search with deactivated search plugin doesn’t work for me anymore, I’ll get the latest post as search result no matter what I’m looking for…
I also got no results after upgrading to 2.8. I hope there’s a fix soon.
Deactivating the plugin fixed search for me. I used the auto-upgrade thing built into WordPress 2.7 when upgrading to WP 2.8.
It doesn’t become a hit to any retrieval in WordPress2.8 and Search Everything6.2.2.
It becomes a hit when invalidating it.
Update: I only get no results if I set “search categories” to “yes”
Had the same problem here. After the update to 2.8, the plugin stopped working. I hit the reset button in the Search Everything settings, updated the options, then changed my options back to how they were before. It seems to be working again.
Also, setting “search categories” to “Yes” didn’t stop it working for me.
Same thing just happened to me. Resetting everything to default and then putting them back to my old settings and updating the options didn’t work at all. Search Categories seems to be the culprit. Once I removed that option, it works fine again.
same thing for me… when i remove the categories search it works and when i put it back it stops working…
hoping author or someone will provide a fix soon…
It moved with WordPress2.8 when even version 6.1.7 did downgrade.
Now, this is used.
WP 2.8 schema database is a bit different, so the plugin won’t work with categories until plugin update.
I too would love to see this plug-in updated for WP 2.8
Search Everything6.2.5 was used with WordPress2.8.
Search Everything doesn’t operate when the tag retrieval is effectively done.
If the tag retrieval is invalidated, it operates.
When the tag retrieval was done effectively and retrieved, the following were output to the error log of Apache.
WordPress \xe3\x83\x87\xe3\x83\xbc\xe3\x82\xbf\xe3\x83\x99\xe3\x83\xbc\xe3\x82\xb9\xe3\x82\xa8\xe3\x83\xa9\xe3\x83\xbc: Not unique table/alias: 'trel' for query SELECT DISTINCT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.* FROM wp_posts LEFT JOIN wp_term_relationships AS trel ON (wp_posts.ID = trel.object_id) LEFT JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS ttax ON ( ( ttax.taxonomy = 'category' OR ttax.taxonomy = 'post_tag' ) AND trel.term_taxonomy_id = ttax.term_taxonomy_id) LEFT JOIN wp_terms AS tter ON (ttax.term_id = tter.term_id) LEFT JOIN wp_term_relationships AS trel ON (wp_posts.ID = trel.object_id) LEFT JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS ttax ON ( ( ttax.taxonomy = 'category' OR ttax.taxonomy = 'post_tag' ) AND trel.term_taxonomy_id = ttax.term_taxonomy_id) LEFT JOIN wp_terms AS tter ON (ttax.term_id = tter.term_id) LEFT JOIN wp_postmeta AS m ON (wp_posts.ID = m.post_id) LEFT JOIN wp_users AS u ON (wp_posts.post_author = u.ID) WHERE 1=1 AND ( ((((wp_posts.post_title LIKE '%words%') OR (u.user_nicename LIKE '%words%') OR (wp_posts.post_content LIKE '%words%'))) OR (((tter.name LIKE '%words%') OR (tter.slug LIKE '%25words%25'))) OR ((tter.slug LIKE '%words%')) OR ((ttax.description LIKE '%words%')) OR ((m.meta_value LIKE '%words%')) OR ((wp_posts.post_excerpt LIKE '%words%')) ) AND wp_posts.post_type != 'revision' AND (wp_posts.post_status = 'publish' OR wp_posts.post_author = 2 AND wp_posts.post_status = 'private')) AND post_type != 'revision' ORDER BY wp_posts.post_date DESC LIMIT 0, 7 made by require, wp, WP->main, WP->query_posts, WP_Query->query, WP_Query->get_posts, referer: http://exsample.com
I just tried out version 6.2.5 and got the same problem. It all works great as long as I don’t turn on “Search every category name and description.”
- The topic ‘[Plugin: Search Everything] No searchresults with 2.8’ is closed to new replies.