I kind of stumbled upon a fix. Saving changed settings within Meta Slider wasn't an issue before. I guess the number of images might change the effectiveness of saving any changed setting.
Anyway, I was in the process of re-uploading the images (after completely deleting them from within PHPAdmin on the server) when I thought to try changing the settings in Meta Slider to what I needed it to be BEFORE re-uploading any image back to it. I was also curious to see if the number of images theory was on point.
1. I uncheck the 'Random' advance setting.
2. Click on the 'Save' button.
3. Wait for the saving preloader to stop.
4. Scroll down to advance settings area.
5. I see the 'Random' box is still unchecked -- great!
6. I tab to the next group of slides to only go back to the tab I saved.
7. I see the 'Random' box has NO check in it! YAY!
I repeat on two other slide tabs that have the same setting and all is effectively saving. So, I start to re-upload images in small doses to each slide tab. I have two different settings: some slides will show randomly while the others will show as is on the slider tab in the backed. So, I'm happy that works.
This issue is resolved for now. However, I ran into another issue. Which can be found on this new thread: