I like the rating functionality. However, I don’t see a widget. I was expecting a widget in wordpress that would show the top rated posts.
Any plans for this?
Yep, it’s listed at the top 5 tasks in the TODOs list 🙂
Great to hear. This is the only ratings plugin I can get to work with W3 total cache.
But the last update has now hidden ratings from the loope. They still show up under single post.
I’m sorry, but I don’t understand you. May you please give some more details.
I think I figured it out.
Because I am using 2 pages/templates to split my blog index by category, I had to enable the “Page” rating to see it in by index/loop.
But I do notice that it is not respecting my advanced font color which is #CCCCCC for all 4 widget setting tabs.
Chek it out here.
Further is there a php function I could just insert into my 2 blog templates so that the ratings don’t show up on other pages?
1. I’ve just uploaded our new release which include Top Rated Widget as I promised (check it out): http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/rating-widget.1.1.5.zip
2. I’ll check the color problem, it’s probably some bug. I’ll send you a notification when it will be solved.
About the color… something is wrong on your side. Did you massed up with the WP code? because somehow you show a post where it suppose to be a page.
Anyway, you can hack this by searching the next string:
“pages” => array(“type” => “page”),
and replacing it with:
“pages” => array(“type” => “front-post”),
BUT THIS IS A HACK, SOMETHING IS WRONG ON YOUR WP.
Hope it helped,
Great to see the widget. Will there be any configurations for it? font color, etc.
I do see 2 “info”icons in my widget.
As to what you are seeing with my site, yes its kind of a hack. Basically I have a blog that I want split into 2 separate pages. 1 for news and 1 for photos. I did this with a child theme and custom template that are assigned to a page each.
I will live with the color for now. I don’t want to hack your plugin as I believe there will be more updates to come.
Great plugin by the way!
1. Off course there will be configurations!
2. I thought that the “info” icons should be in the widget, so users can see the rating explicit report right from it, but if the users says otherwise – who am I to argue with it 🙂 So as for your request it was removed!
This works fairly well. It would be nice if there were an option to show “#/5” rather than the stars. Many themes like mine have rather narrow widgets and when each post takes 2-3 lines the formatting isn’t great.
It may also be wise to have a setting like: only show posts that have x or more votes.
What I am finding is an unpopular post has only 1 vote of 5/5 and it stays in the top of the widget, even though others have more votes.
Gotta say, this thing works great for such a new plugin and I have it working with MU install, W3 Total Cache including CDN Caching. Couldn’t get any others to work with my configuration. This thing just works. Great job!
- The topic ‘[Plugin: Rating-Widget] Is there a widget?’ is closed to new replies.