Thank you for the report. We tested on many sites installed and three different servers and all worked well.
The issue was that "new" fields read from the database and stored under the "new" properties worked well in PHP 5.3.3 ... 5.3.9 but failed on PHP version 5.2.17. We presume you would need to upgrade PHP anyway. Still we have fixed the issue with the following work-around for you:
// work-around for PHP 5.2 not handling the "new" property correctly
$newfield = "new";
$row -> $newfield
This is actually a known issue in PHP reported already back in 2011 and fixed in PHP 5.3.
In any case, just update the plugin to version 0.0.6. This should do.
Let us know if you have any issue.