WordPress.org

Support

Support » Plugins and Hacks » Query Multiple Taxonomies » [Resolved] [Plugin: Query Multiple Taxonomies] QMT does not work with new custom taxonomies created

[Resolved] [Plugin: Query Multiple Taxonomies] QMT does not work with new custom taxonomies created

  • Was using QMT with custom taxonomies and everything worked fine.
    But than I added new taxonomy “smoking”. Exactly the same as others. Added posts to this taxonomy.
    Now when I click “smoking=yes” filter in widget it shows me that nothing found.
    What is interesting – if I click other taxonomy like “?objecto=kvartira-2”, and than “?smoking=yes” resulted in
    "?objecto=kvartira-2&smoking=yes"
    in this case it filteres out both – smoking and objecto.
    Could you please help to find out what is the problem here???
    Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Plugin Author scribu

    @scribu

    Add this code to your theme’s functions.php file and paste the result back here:

    function debug_tax() {
      echo '<pre>';
      var_dump(get_taxonomy('smoking'));
    }
    add_action('template_redirect', 'debug_tax');

    Hi Scribu, here it is:

    object(stdClass)#170 (14) {
      ["hierarchical"]=>
      bool(true)
      ["update_count_callback"]=>
      string(0) ""
      ["rewrite"]=>
      array(3) {
        ["slug"]=>
        string(7) "smoking"
        ["with_front"]=>
        bool(true)
        [0]=>
        string(0) ""
      }
      ["query_var"]=>
      string(7) "smoking"
      ["public"]=>
      bool(true)
      ["show_ui"]=>
      bool(true)
      ["show_tagcloud"]=>
      bool(true)
      ["_builtin"]=>
      bool(false)
      ["labels"]=>
      object(stdClass)#169 (14) {
        ["name"]=>
        string(21) "Для курящих"
        ["singular_name"]=>
        string(21) "Для курящих"
        ["search_items"]=>
        string(23) "Поиск рубрик"
        ["popular_items"]=>
        NULL
        ["all_items"]=>
        string(21) "Все рубрики"
        ["parent_item"]=>
        string(39) "Родительская рубрика"
        ["parent_item_colon"]=>
        string(40) "Родительская рубрика:"
        ["edit_item"]=>
        string(31) "Изменить рубрику"
        ["update_item"]=>
        string(31) "Обновить рубрику"
        ["add_new_item"]=>
        string(42) "Добавить новую рубрику"
        ["new_item_name"]=>
        string(42) "Название новой рубрики"
        ["separate_items_with_commas"]=>
        NULL
        ["add_or_remove_items"]=>
        NULL
        ["choose_from_most_used"]=>
        NULL
      }
      ["show_in_nav_menus"]=>
      bool(true)
      ["label"]=>
      string(21) "Для курящих"
      ["cap"]=>
      object(stdClass)#171 (4) {
        ["manage_terms"]=>
        string(17) "manage_categories"
        ["edit_terms"]=>
        string(17) "manage_categories"
        ["delete_terms"]=>
        string(17) "manage_categories"
        ["assign_terms"]=>
        string(10) "edit_posts"
      }
      ["name"]=>
      string(7) "smoking"
      ["object_type"]=>
      array(1) {
        [0]=>
        string(4) "post"
      }
    }

    In case you need a translation:
    “Все рубрики” – all categories
    “Родительская рубрика” – parent category
    “Изменить рубрику” – change category
    “Обновить рубрику” – refresh category
    “Добавить новую рубрику” – add new category
    “Название новой рубрики” – name of new category

    Hi Scribu,
    did you have a chance to look at it and find the issue?

    Plugin Author scribu

    @scribu

    I think this might have something to do with your theme. Try switching to twentyten and see if the problem persists.

    On twenty ten I lost all my custom taxonomies – of course – as I did written them in functions of child theme 🙂
    But when I turned back to to my theme I needed to recheck all checkboxes in widget area to get widget working again – and oh miracle 🙂 Everyhting works.
    So the desicion is I believe – after you add new taxonomy you need to reactivate you theme again or I also think that if you delete widget and adds new with new taxonomies – it should work!
    Thanks for advise, however everything is OK with the theme it helped me 🙂

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘[Resolved] [Plugin: Query Multiple Taxonomies] QMT does not work with new custom taxonomies created’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar