WordPress.org

Forums

Query Multiple Taxonomies
Not working with a "types" taxonomy (4 posts)

  1. Primitive
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    Hi,

    First of all, thanks for this great plug-in - it is a massively powerful extension to custom taxonomies.

    I have most things working fine, but for some reason if I choose either term of my "types" taxonomy, then the results page just has the first result again and again and again rather than the actual results.

    I have have four taxonomies set up (manually) for a custom post type, namely types, sizes, defaults, and payment for a custom post type "reviews". When using dropdowns or checkboxes either as a widget or as a page everything works perfectly when picking any combination of sizes, defaults, or payment - but as soon as I try to put types into the mix I just get the first results over and over again.

    I am using the following code to display page-taxonomy.php (of each taxonomy mentioned above)

    <?php
    $term = get_term_by( 'slug', get_query_var( 'term' ), get_query_var( 'taxonomy' ) );
    $paged = (get_query_var('paged')) ? get_query_var('paged') : 1;
    query_posts(array(
    'post_type'=>review,
    'gdsr_sort'=>review,
    'gdsr_order'=>DESC,
    'size'=>$term->slug,
    'posts_per_page'=>5,
    'paged'=>$paged
    )); ?>

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/query-multiple-taxonomies/

  2. Primitive
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    The gdsr_ sort/order is from the GD Star rating plugin, but I doubt whether that is the issue.

    Thanks for any help.

  3. Primitive
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    I still haven't managed to get to the bottom of this one and would really appreciate a pointer if anyone has one.

    The site where the issue is happening is at http://j.mp/dHaGY9

    Thanks

  4. Joy
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    I wasn't getting repeats, but I was getting strange results whenever I used a taxonomy with a slug of 'type'. Especially since I upgraded WordPress to 3.1, it translates the 'type' taxonomy to 'post-format' and all the links generated by QMT have the 'post-format=xxx' in them.
    I changed my taxonomy so that the slug is something else besides 'type' and it works much better.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

  • Query Multiple Taxonomies
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic